Saturday, March 27, 2010

Urban ARt Exhibition 3-27-10

I went to the one in D.C. on a friday night because my teacher recommended it to us, and I need it for my grade. It was actually really fun. Cool artwork, free alchohol, break-dancing, mostly old school hip-hop music, live performances. One by a guy who seemed caribean and three girls singing, a rap performance by the host which was barely audible. The artwork was mostly grafiti and street artwork that was hip-hop inspired, some featuring slick rick and outkast, among other rappers. My favorite pieces were a painting with Tupac and Biggie on different sides of the picture, like a card with a different image on either side, but both images a connected. Another one was a black man with his two different sides, both good and evil unable to avoid tempation of a female.

No comments: