Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Music: April 2010

Maurice "Maestro" Washington
April Music Reviews:
Jason Derulo: Solo
Sade: Baby Father

Jason Derulo "Solo"
The first thing I thought when watching this video is this n8gga can dance. The second thing I thought was the background and effects of this video were on point. He is not the best singer ever, but if he wrote than he is a good writer. One thing you can't argue is that he is a good dancer. I think Chris Brown got some competition. The theme of the video was predictable but the way he pulled it off made me say "wow" the whole time. I'm definitely going to spread the word about this under appreciated artist how about you.

The vid starts out with him playing the piano singing of a lost love leading into a dance track, reminding me of Daniel Bedingfield (thats what I was thinking). The blatant advertisement for "Plenty -O- Fish" was way too obvious. (This stuck out to me because I read an article about the filthy rich guy who came up with it). The many years of studying dance may have made The King of Pop worry (maybe a little). Background effects like the letters and the car was great though. If you haven't seen this video you are really missing out.



This serene video shows Sade in a more youthful form than I ever remember seeing her. This video. The lighting in the video is what makes it so appealing. Of course there's the people dancing and the boy meeting up with his father. This song reminds me of Bob Marley (this is just an assumption). I think there may be a sample there. Bottom Line: Must Watch Video.

1 comment:

~JSW said...

I love Sade's video...its been like 20 years since she put out an album and she looks like she hasn't aged a day...crazy

I like the Solo video too, I wish he didn't use so much autotune on his voice though. That gets annoying after a while. He's really big in Europe, but he's trying to make it in the States as well. I'm sure little teenage girls will love him.